I actually enjoyed writing my Randomness from the Week post last week, which was a pleasant surprise because I’m struggling to find the motivation to write at all right now. I liked giving you a peek into my week and to write whatever was on my mind; so I’m going to do it again this week.
1. This week is strange. There’s no other way to put it. I’m not working, the baby isn’t here yet (obviously), and my classes haven’t started. I’ve found myself sitting in a chair, zoning out because I don’t know what to do with myself. I know, I know-enjoy it because once the baby’s here, I won’t have any time to myself.
2. I mentioned on Monday that my friend recently returned from Switzerland. Being the awesome friend that she is, she brought me back Swiss chocolate. I shared a little with her and a little with Ryan but mostly I’ve kept it all for myself. Yum!
3. I’m not sure if the nesting instinct has kicked in or what but we’ve been working on putting our house together a bit more. I’ve wanted to frame our wedding invitations since we got married and I finally did. We also got new couches (a couch and a love seat for extra seating-we’re growing up!) and a glider that will be great for nursing and rocking the baby. I’ve been doing my best to keep the new furniture clean of dog hair, an endless battle as you can tell from above.
I also really want a new coffee table and a rug because the glass table and hardwood floors we have now aren’t exactly baby-friendly but those will have to wait. Maybe Christmas? Hint, hint 😉 I’m loving making our house even more a home, although I’m hoping I’ll get the urge to clean soon instead of just spend money.
4. In sad news, my parents’ dog passed away a few nights ago. She was the sweetest dog. Bailey and especially Benji, who’s actually older than she was, have been getting extra cuddles and love.
5. Did you watch the eclipse on Monday? My hometown was actually in the path of totality. I debated about going to my parents’ to watch but decided traffic wasn’t worth it. Ryan and I watched it from our house; we got about 95% coverage-the temperature dropped but it didn’t really get dark. Still pretty cool!
I think that about covers this week. Like I said, I like doing these posts so I think they’ll be a more common thing. Maybe not weekly because some weeks might be boring but we’ll see!
Tell me something from your week!
Could you see the eclipse from where you’re at?